No Sex in the Biggest Little City?

Monday, September 13, 2010

In the October 2010 issue, Men’s Health ranks 100 large U.S. cities for how sexually active they are. Its rankings were based on condom sales, birth rates, sex toy sales and rates of sexually transmitted diseases as determined by state health departments.
Reno was among the least sexually active cities surveyed,
coming in at 92nd.
Other statistics from The Biggest Little City included:
Condom Sales: 73rd            Birth Rates: 75th            STD Rates: 99th

For a little comparison, Las Vegas ranked 70th while Salt Lake City ranked 23rd.  The most sexually active? Austin, Texas. The least sexually active is Portland, Maine.  Another look at the list shows that out of all 100 cities, Texas ranks highly overall (taking over many of the top 20 spots).  Is their saying true?  Do they just know how to do it BIGGER in Texas?

I know as a woman in her late 20s, not much shocks me anymore.  Passion Parties are hosted by friends on a semi-regular basis and seeing "massage devices" and "lotions" are just the norm.  Halloween costumes are purchased at adult stores, and the sexier they are, the better.  I've been to a strip club.  They are so NOT my thing (considering among other things, I saw a girl I grew-up with upside down on the pole....SCARRED ME!), but I understand the appeal for men and why they like to go.  And it never ceases to amaze me that when Dennis Hof (owner of the Moonlight Bunny Ranch) and his "girls" show up to a club or special event they are treated like major celebs. 

So this poll has me wondering why one of the most "sex driven" states in the nation ranks so low when it comes to it's sexually satisfied citizens. Is it because we are so bombarded with sex that we have become numb? With prostitution legal in 8 out of Nevada's 17 counties, and a strip-club on almost every corner in downtown Reno, have we Nevadans lost our sex drive?

I propose we do something about this. Let's try to make our ranking RISE! And if there's one thing I know about us Nevadan's (esp. us Reno-ites), we don't like to lose. With winter right around the corner, it's time to find someone to keep you warm in the cold weather months.   If everyone puts in a little effort, I'm confident we'll be on-top next year.


1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    I definately agree about bringing more sex to our town. Maybe that means I can get some action! YAY!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...