A SCENT-sational Summer

Friday, July 1, 2011

I find sensory association fascinating...the way one smell can evoke a feeling or memory immediately.

As I was walking to my car after work today, I got a whiff of Honeysuckle.  Stopping dead in my tracks, I scanned the area for the white and golden trumpeted flowers.  Sure enough there they were.

Honeysuckles always remind me of my childhood and summer.  Every house I've ever lived in as a kid had honeysuckles.  My mom taught me how to bite off the end of the flower and suck the sweet drop of nectar out of it.  I find the smell of the blossoms intoxicating and comforting all at the same time.

There are other scents that I associate with summer.  Each time I smell these different things it takes me back to a feeling, memory, or thought from my past.

Here are some SUMMER SCENTS that I LOVE

Honeysuckles

The way the air smells like sagebrush and freshness after a Nevada rain.

Campfires

Lavender

Vine Ripened Tomatoes (yes, they have a smell)

Fresh cut grass.

So get out there y'all.  Enjoy your summer.  Get smelling! 
What are some of your favorite scents?
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...