Heart-Mind-Body-Soul: Eating Clean

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

This week's "Heart-Mind-Body-Soul" is going up a little late.  But a little late is better then never. 

After a 4th of July Weekend of over-indulging (hell, it's been a whole summer of that so far of gluttony) I realized I was feeling a little a lot sluggish.  In my effort to improve myself I realized that in addition to working on my outer-self, I also need to improve what I put into myself.

Over the years, I've tried a lot of different types of diets, fads, powders, and cleanses.  Some have worked, some haven't. 

A couple of my friends are currently on the quest to lose some weight and get healthy. Along with regular exercise, they are "eating clean".  This basically means eating simply, and CUTTING THE CRAP.  Your food intake is mostly fruits, veggies, and lean protein.  And TONS of water. 


After talking to my Bestie, she convinced me to do this as well.  For six weeks.  She has a Wedding Shower in six weeks, and I have my 10 year high school reunion.  Perfect reason to get down a few lbs and feel better!

So for the next 38 days (and when you put it like that, it's really not that much) I will be eating clean.  This is more or less what I will be eating:

Breakfast
Toast w/an Egg or Shakeology
Snack
Fruit
Lunch
Chicken/Turkey Salad
 (protein, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper, etc)
Snack
Fruit
Dinner
Lean protein and veggies

We will see how this goes, and you better believe I will be blogging about it.  My Bestie says that in addition to losing weight, she has more clarity and energy.  And really...how can you beat that? 


I'm actually excited by the fruit and veggie intake.  This is a perfect time of year to find great produce.  With several farmers markets around town each week, I have plenty of opportunities to get the freshest-of-the-fresh!

Right now I'm on a nectarine kick.  The ones I picked up last week are finally ripe.  So juicy, so sweet, so delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...